Week 2 Reading Overview

Rama's Coronation
   

     Hello everyone, for this blog post I wanted to go over my decision of what version of the Ramayana I will be reading. I have chosen to read the Public Domain version for the course, and the main factor that influenced my decision is cost. I spent a lot of money on textbooks this semester already, so any chance that I have to read something for free, I will take it.

     Two comics that captured my interest were the one about Prabhavati  and also the one called How the Jackal Ate the Elephant. The titles just captured my interest, and I love the artwork on them. How the Jackal ate the Elephant seems like a cute folktale that I'm excited to possibly read this semester.

    One of the videos that instantly captured my interest was Harry Potter Meets Hindu Mythology.  I'm a major fan of Harry Potter, so this instantly had my interest. The other video that captured my interest was Indian and Greek Mythology Parallels.  Every since I read Percy Jackson when I was young I've always been interested in Greek Mythology, so to see how there are parallels to Indian mythology would be very interesting. There were a couple others that caught my attention too, but these were the first two that grabbed my attention.

     That's all for this post, I'm excited to get to reading and learning about these different stories!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Cybersecurity Professional and Future World Traveler

Week 11 Story: The Witch Who Saved Herself