Time Strategies


Clock
          Hi again everyone, for this post I wanted to discuss time-management strategies. So for this assignment I read two different articles: The Importance of Just Starting and How Checklists Train Your Brain to Be More Productive and Goal-Oriented.  I found these articles to be very interesting. I learned the science behind why I love checklists for one thing. I learned one time management strategy that involves simply starting. Sometimes I don't want to start an assignment or project, and I think it's because I want it to be perfect. I just have to grit my teeth and simply start. As far as checklists go, I LOVE checklists so that wasn't new to me. Based on last semester, one time challenge I may have is simply getting started on assignments I might not want to do. I could work on that by giving myself more time to work on classes by getting up earlier, and giving myself rewards for when I get so far in a task. It may mean watching a Netflix episode or treating myself to a piece of chocolate. 

     One time-management strategy that helps me is of course is making a checklist. Every night before I go to bed I write up my checklist for what I want to accomplish the next day.  For example, I might write what assignments for this course (and my other courses) I want to do tomorrow. I add in other things as needed like taking out the trash or reading so many chapters of a book. I also keep a planner with all my assignment due dates and other important dates, like things going on in my sorority. I try to break my semester up first into one week at a time, and then I take it one day at a time. I try to do this because if I continuously look at the semester as a whole I get overwhelmed. 

     So that's my thoughts on time management strategies. Let me know if you find my strategies helpful or if you have other strategy suggestions for me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Cybersecurity Professional and Future World Traveler

Week 11 Story: The Witch Who Saved Herself