Reading Notes: Week 2 Anthology

     For this weeks reading, I focused on the story about the Foolish, Timid Rabbit by Ellen C Babbit. I'd hear of this type of story before, so I was interested to see what this version of the story would be like. I found it humorous that all it took to cause that much commotion was a coconut falling on the ground behind a rabbit.

     That one Rabbit got scared because he thought the Earth was breaking up, so he told another rabbit, and another, and on it went until eventually a whole heard of animals was running. It was only stopped by the Lion, the King of Beasts, who roared to stop the animals running and finally make sense of the situation.

   
Image of the Animals Running



     I thought it was interesting that this whole situation was able to snowball so quickly out of control, all because one rabbit thought the world was ending.Out of all the stories that I read for this week, this one was my favorite. I'm excited to take this reading and create my own story from elements of this one!

Bibliography. "The Foolish, Timid Rabbit" from the Jataka Tales by Ellen C. Babbitt. Web Source.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Cybersecurity Professional and Future World Traveler

Week 11 Story: The Witch Who Saved Herself