My Storybook Favorites

     Hello again everyone, for this post I wanted to talk about the three different storybooks that caught my attention. In spite of the fact that I'm in the Epics of India course, all three of my selections are from the Myth and Folklore course. Here are the ones that captured my attention. 

 1.) Not to Touch the Earth: (Image found here)
Image of Ruined City from Storybook







     While I was familiar with some of the Greek mythology mentioned in the story, overall it seemed not like a topic I was familiar with. The introduction sets up the story rather nicely I think and definitely grabs my attention. The writing style is good and seems similar to the style I would use. I loved the overall dystopian/post-apocalyptic vibe that the color scheme and images gave off. The image above is from the storybook I love dystopian novels so it immediately captured my interest.


     So I have to be honest here, when I first read the title of this storybook, I thought it was referring to Luke and Leia from Star Wars. I'm a big Star Wars fan, and I've heard Luke and Leia referred to as "Space Twins, Space Siblings" and things of that nature, so that is immediately where my mind went. You can imagine my surprise when I found out that that is not what this storybook is about. That said, I really liked it. The topic seemed familiar to me, I enjoy Greek/Roman mythology so some of the names were familiar. The introduction does a great job at setting up the story and the overall theme is pleasing to the eye. I really like this one. 


     Since I am also a big fan of Harry Potter (any fellow Ravenclaws?), this storybook immediately captured my interest as well. I love how different horses of mythology were incorporated into the Harry Potter universe.The Introduction and overall layout grab my attention, and the layout is pleasing to my eye.  I knew much of what was being discussed, as again I'm interested in Greek myth, so that also held my attention as well. 

    Overall I love these 3 storybooks and am excited to create my own for this course. I'm already getting a few ideas about what I can do for mine.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Cybersecurity Professional and Future World Traveler

Week 11 Story: The Witch Who Saved Herself