My Feedback Thoughts


     Hi everyone, for this post I wanted to talk about my thoughts on the Feedback Assignment for this week.

     So the first article I read for this assignment was called "11 Signs You Are a Perfectionist". As a perfectionist myself, this article spoke VOLUMES to me. I demonstrate a lot of those signs listed in the article. A couple of signs that stood out to me in particulare were #5. You Are Extremely Hard on Yourself, and #7. You Have Extremely High Standards. I am my own worst critic, and when something goes wrong or I make a mistake, I tend to beat myself up over it. It's horrible, and it's something I'm trying to work on. As for the high standards one... oh boy. This is something I'm also trying to work on, but I have VERY high standards, both for myself and others. It's something that has probably strained relationships with some of my friends and family before, because I hold myself to such high standards and expect others to be the same way. Life doesn't work like that, not every person has very high standards like I do. Once I've started realizing that, I've been working on how I give feedback. It's okay to tell someone that they made a mistake, but you have to do it in a considerate way, so that they can learn from it. (Article can be found here).

     The other article I read was "Seven Ways to Crush Self-Doubt" (article can be found here). I love this article because as I mentioned before I am a perfectionist, and I struggle with self-doubt all the time. The funny thing is, one of the seven was listed is Let Go of Perfectionism. I had so much self-doubt growing up because things had to be perfect. I have to realize (and I'm working on it) that perfection doesn't exist. So when it comes to giving and receiving feedback, I have to remember that no one is perfect, and thus I should give constructive feedback on how to improve instead of focusing entirely on what's wrong with the assignment. I included a cute Feedback Cat that I think sums up my thoughts pretty well.

Feedback Cat


     That's my thought s on feedback, I found these articles really interesting and am excited to see how to give better feedback.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Cybersecurity Professional and Future World Traveler

Week 11 Story: The Witch Who Saved Herself