Final Project Topic Brainstorm

   
Image of Shiva


      For this blog post, I wanted to discuss possible topics for my final project for this class. So for this class, I think I want to do a storybook. I think the layout will be very nice for what I want to do.

     As far as topics go, I am getting a few ideas. So as a huge Star Wars fan, I thought it could be interesting to do a mash up of Indian mythology in the Star Wars universe. The original trio Luke, Leia, and Han, all went to many different planets on their travels and were exposed to very different cultures. They also use different weapons. To that end, I thought it would be interesting to talk about weapons in Indian mythology and set them in the Star Wars universe. We could open on the Millennium Falcon, Han Solo's ship. Luke, Leia and Han would exchange stories they've heard from locals about strange and powerful weapons. Perhaps it would open as Luke is practicing with his lightsaber or Han is cleaning his blaster. I found a good page to get me started here. I don't have much knowledge of this topic, but I'd be glad to learn anything!

     Another idea I had for a topic, also set within the Star Wars universe, was talking about about the Gods and Goddesses. Luke, being a Jedi, talks a lot about the Force, but other civilizations may have other deities, so I think this would be a very interesting topic. The opening/ introduction for this one would be similar, except perhaps they would be having a discussion about the Force, which would lead into discussions of different religions on other planets. I have a webpage to get me started here. I have a very limited knowledge about this topic, I've heard of a couple of the gods and goddesses, but I'll need to learn more.

     Since I also love Harry Potter, I thought it would be interesting to see a mashup of Indian mythology with the Harry Potter universe. For my first one, I was thinking about incorporating the horses in Indian myth into the Harry Potter Universe. Since this topic has been done before, I would obviously have to make it my own. I think I would have the setting in Care of Magical Creatures class, and Professor Kettleburn would be teaching about different horses around the world. For this project, I would start with the web page here. I know nothing about the horses in Indian mythology, so this will be a brand-new topic for me!

     For my final idea for a project topic, I thought I could do the Gods and Goddesses again, but this time in the Harry Potter universe. To set the story up, I could create a new class at Hogwarts with a brand new professor to teach it. Hermione Granger would probably be the main character, as I think she would be interested in the course and I also relate to her. The web page I'll use to get started is this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Cybersecurity Professional and Future World Traveler

Week 11 Story: The Witch Who Saved Herself