Famous Last Words: Surviving a Week Without WiFi

   
WiFi Logo



      As I reflect on all that happened to me this week. I think about the fact that my WiFi is still not working in my apartment after being taken out by a thunderstorm. Sure, I've been going down to my apartment complex's computer lab, where I can connect to the WiFi from there. That's the only way I've been able to do homework this week, because it has been out since last Thursday. It just gets really tedious to constantly walk back and forth between my apartment and the computer lab, and there's just something so comforting about being able to get all your assignments done from the comfort of the desk in your bedroom. Does anyone else feel that way? Surely I'm not alone in this.

     In spite of the tedium of making several trips a day to my computer lab (I'm almost entirely online this semester except for my Capstone). There is a bit of a silver lining to this event. I've obtained a better understanding of how much time I spend on the internet a day for things, not just all my online classes but other things too, like entertainment. It's also amazing what you can do with your time when you're not spending all day on the internet. I've not only been able to keep up with my assignments but I've event trying to work ahead. I can't spend lots of time binge watching shows on Netflix when I have no internet to connect to the service haha! So there is an upside to this, it made me more conscious of how I spend my time, and who knows? Maybe this will help me cut out internet time (except for classes of course) permanently.

     As I move forward into the next week, I hope several things. First, I hope that my internet finally gets fixed so that I can do homework in my apartment again. Second, I hope that I'm able to keep the streak of getting homework assignments turned in early going so that I can keep getting further and further ahead in some of my courses. I'm hoping to be able to finish this course early so that by the time Finals Week comes I'll be relatively stress free.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Cybersecurity Professional and Future World Traveler

Week 11 Story: The Witch Who Saved Herself