Topic Research: Celestial Weapons Within Star Wars

     So for the first topic I came up with that I wanted to research, I decided to look at Weapons within Star Wars. There are a lot of weapons within Indian Epics, so to combine that with Star Wars would be an interesting idea. I have three possible weapons that can be integrated into my story.

     1.)  Pashupatastra

     This is an ancient and powerful weapon of Shiva. This weapon is given to Arjuna in an interesting weapons-quest story which can be found here. I'm thinking that if I choose this topic for my final project, I will have my main characters, Han, Luke and Leia go after the weapon on a little weapons quest themselves, so the broad theme of the story (a weapons quest) and the weapon itself will be what I use for my story, but the specifics I will come up with myself. 

   2.) Trishula

     Another of Shiva's extremely powerful weapons, when I read the description of this, it reminded me of a supernatural Death Star, capable of great destruction to worlds. I already have a great idea for a story for this particular weapon. I haven't came across a story related to this weapon yet, but this will be another weapon-quest story. I think I'd set this one at least before the ending of the original trilogy, because I think it would be cool to have a villain like Darth Vader race them to the weapon. Since in Star Wars the Empire loves being able to use fear of destruction in order to keep the systems in line and subdued, Vader would probably like to take this weapon for the Empire.  

     3.) Pinaka

     Yet another of Shiva's weapons (he's the Destroyer, so he has a lot of weapons) the is the bow that Rama breaks in one of the stories within the Ramayana.  Now I don't want to break the bow, so I think I want to create a very different story concerning this weapon. It would cool for one of the trio to come across the weapon and offer it to the Ewoks, the teddy-bear like creatures in Return of the Jedi. Or perhaps something can happen to Chewbacca's crossbow and Chewie will use this weapon instead. 

Rama Breaking Shiva's Bow

     That's what I have so far concerning this topic. I think it would be an interesting one and I'm already getting ideas for the stories I can write concerning these three weapons.


Comments

  1. It's really amazing to read what you're wanting to do with your topic. I think it would be so cool for you to compare the weapons found in Indian Epics and make stories about them with the Star Wars characters. It's always great to take things that you love and combine them with the new things you're learning. I think it'll really help you out in the long run. I can't wait to hear more about your project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Cybersecurity Professional and Future World Traveler

Week 11 Story: The Witch Who Saved Herself